This time the destination is Ayyampara – a not-much-talked-about-but-wonderful place to get your mind soothed like never before, and probably never again. Evenings suit best.
The 2000 ft-above-sea level spot is a 5km uphill drive from Teekoy Church Junction, which is 7kms from Erattupetta on the Erattupetta – Vagamon route.
As of now, it isn’t crowded or noisy. Silent & calm. You’re suggested to enjoy the experience as soon as possible – before it gets transformed into a typical tourist spot. There is no shops around. But there’s a Church and the Ayyampara temple right at the peak. Park your vehicle somewhere in the sides, get out and stroll around like we did:
…And slowly get your mind imprinted with views like these:
Now that you want to be there, here are few tips:
- There are a few KSRTC buses passing through Ayyampara, starting from Erattupetta depot.
- If you’re driving, keep yourselves ready to face one of the above-mentioned buses coming downhill. The road isn’t wide enough for a normal/smooth pass-by.
- When traveling from Kottayam, it’s suggested to use Pala as a halt/stop over if needed. Top up fuel if needed.
For food – Pala Food Court at Santhome Shopping Complex, opposite Kottaramattam private bus terminal and Indian Coffee House near the Thodupuzha-Erattupetta diversion point (near KSRTC bus depot) are recommended.
- If you stay late into the evening, you could see mild-but-vast glow up to the skies from the towns watchable from there – Erattupetta, Pala, Ettumanoor.
- The place is kept 100% litter-free and keep it up.
Off you go then, to the point of tranquility.