Back in March, we ( @AravindJose & @SibinCJ ) traveled to the Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary. It was our first time there and turned out to be a very memorable first. Drenched in green, the Sanctuary with vast stretches of backwaters on two sides (we had a 1hour boating in it) gifted us 3.5 hours of soothing calmness.
Watch the movie.
What else to see at Kumarakom?
List of things to do and places to visit in Kumarakom:
- The Kumarakom Walkway (into the Vembanad Lake)
- Go to Thanneermukkom Bund. The road from Kumarakom is quite good and scenic with old trees lining the sides.
- From the bund, consider a drive on the Cherthala – Arookutty road passing through Ottapunna, Thavanakkadavu, Pallippuram.
The road is good and the traffic is usually light. It runs parallel to the NH.
- Or, consider a drive to Kallara via Edayazham. The road runs throughvast paddy fields.
- Bird Sanctuary
- Boating in Vembanad Lake. Start point: Bird Sanctuary
7 thoughts on “At Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary and the Backwaters”
Its Really Really great to see KP back in action. Spread the good cheer!! 🙂
And, kudos for kicking off the Travel section.
Thanks a lot for the new section.
I’ll give you a list of places, bit long one:
1. Kayyoor Hills , near Bharanamganam
2. Vedagiri, near Athirampuzha
3. Alapra hills and forests, near Erumeli
4. Kallara backwaters
5. Pallom Light house (Munroe light) -yes, Kottayam has a light house, just 8 Kms from the town centre
7. Vennimala, near Payappadi
8. Aruvikkuzhi waterfalls, near Kooropada
9. Marmala and Aruvikachal waterfalls
16.Poovakkatuchira and Manaykkachira in Changanacherry
and many more.
You’re welcome 🙂
Thanks for the suggestions. We’ve found some places in it, that we had missed while jotting down.
Ayyampara is done!
You are welcome.
the list continues..
17. thommankuthu near thodupuzha
20. parakkakadavu, near puthupally..