Road trips are fun. Time for some in-land roadtrips. These great roads are spread across the 5 Taluks (Vaikom, Meenachil, Kanjirappally, Changanacherry and Kottayam) in Kottayam. There are adequate wayside amenities viz. restaurants, fuel stations, ATMs, stop-over shoulders.
A view from Cherpunkal, on the Ettumanoor – Pala – Erattupetta road
The roads are:
1. Vaikom – Thalayolaparambu – Ettumanoor
2. Ettumanoor – Pala – Erattupetta
3. Kidangoor – Manarcadu
4. Kottayam – Pulikkal Kavala – Kanjirappally
5. Pulikkal Kavala – Karukachal – Changanacherry
6. Changanacherry – Alappuzha
7. Chengalam – Kumarakom stretch of the Kottayam – Kumarakom road
Smooth and free-flowing, these roads are a pleasure to take on.
Tastes best when chilled. Feels best on Sundays and holidays.
The following route map includes all of the above roads to form a single route.
Vaikom – Thalayolaparambu – Ettumanoor
Ettumanoor – Pala – Erattupetta
Kidangoor – Manarcadu
Kottayam – Pulikkal Kavala – Kanjirappally
Pulikkal Kavala – Karukachal – Changanacherry
Changanacherry – Alappuzha
Chengalam – Kumarakom (part of Kottayam – Kumarakom road)
Maps courtesy: Google Maps