Back in March, we ( @AravindJose & @SibinCJ ) traveled to the Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary. It was our first time there and turned out to be a very memorable first. Drenched in green, the Sanctuary with vast stretches of backwaters on two sides (we had a 1hour boating in it) gifted us 3.5 hours of soothing calmness.
Watch the movie.
What else to see at Kumarakom?
List of things to do and places to visit in Kumarakom:
- The Kumarakom Walkway (into the Vembanad Lake)
- Go to Thanneermukkom Bund. The road from Kumarakom is quite good and scenic with old trees lining the sides.
- From the bund, consider a drive on the Cherthala – Arookutty road passing through Ottapunna, Thavanakkadavu, Pallippuram.
The road is good and the traffic is usually light. It runs parallel to the NH.
- Or, consider a drive to Kallara via Edayazham. The road runs throughvast paddy fields.
- Bird Sanctuary
- Boating in Vembanad Lake. Start point: Bird Sanctuary